Monday, January 10, 2011

50 books in 2010

I listened to an abridged version of Monk's Hood by Ellis Peters on two audio cassettes. I enjoyed listening to this mystery. An unabridged reading would probably have been even better, towards the end it felt like maybe some details were missing. It's another Brother Cadfael mystery. I finished the book close to the end of the year.

I also finished The Red Tent by Anita Diamant recently. Even if it was a few days into January, I'll still count it for 2010. I had read this book a long time ago, but didn't remember any details. I enjoyed it, but kept wondering whether the women were really so ignorant about God. The men in the family had followed him for several generations already.

So, I made it to 50 books in 2010. It's interesting to see that I really read that many books and the variety (Go back through the posts tagged "50booksin2010"). I won't repeat the challenge this year, but will still report on some books.

No comments: