Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I'm glad I entered the drawing - A Beacon of Hope

A Beacon of Hope (The Sixth World of Men, #1)A Beacon of Hope by Walter E. Mark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received this book as a First Reads lucky winner!

I'm glad that I entered the drawing and got to read the book. The people in the story live on a different planet, but their society is similar enough to ours that I could relate to it well, but different enough to make it really interesting. There are many technological advances that enhance their quality of life (I love the one where you can create the interior design of your room buy just pointing and selecting using a computer interface, I would like to have something like that.). And others threaten to destroy the world to leave it in chaos and misery. The Sixth World is different enough from our world to make the book really interesting. But on the other hand one can relate to the issues they are going through and draw one's own thoughts for our world.


I would like to find out how the story continues in the second volume.


View all my reviews on goodreads.com



(46th book of 2010)

1 comment:

free online quotes said...

wait for the second volume and you will be more amazed!