Thursday, April 28, 2005

Favorite albums

World of Sven has A musical idea, asking his readers to list our two or three favorite albums of all time and why we like them so much.

My three albums are
  • The Mamas and the Papas - 16 Greatest Hits - My husband and I play this one on the car stereo a lot. When we were students, not yet living in California, but in Pennsylvania, we often went to a diner where we heard "California Dreaming" (the Beach Boys version, but the version by the Mamas and the Papas is definitely better). My husband always wanted to live in California and now this dream has come true. In addition, this is a style of music that we both love to listen to, and he doesn't mind when I sing along to some of the songs.
  • WOW Worship Blue - The first album of contemporary Christian music I ever bought, and the only one I owned for quite a while. It as a lot of the songs that we sang at church at the time, so it's connected to some good memories.
  • Chris Tomlin - Arriving - I don't even own this album (yet), but we are singing many of these songs with our choir at church. We get samples to practice the songs, so I've listened to most of the tracks. I love to listen to them and to sing the songs myself with the choir.

No comments: